Friday, February 22, 2013

Albertina

          Today we went to the Albertina museum, which had an exhibit of Monet to Picasso! I had a weird quiz thing for certain pictures that if I turned in I would get a prize for.  I also had Doop! We walked down a long hall full of monkey statues! One was reading, one was pointing in the air, one was playing with a toy train...... Gabe like the one who was pointing up to the sky, I liked one of them who was painting, and Doop's favorite was a monkey who was making binoculars with his eyes. He made me take a picture of him with that monkey. Some people have asked if Doop likes spoons, the answer is that Doop's favorite animals are monkeys because he thinks they are his close relatives so he likes spoons,and any other monkey.
We walked up many stairs and finally reached the amazing exhibit! There were lots of wonderful pictures,from impressionist art to cubist art. My favorite was on of Monet's: 

I loved alot of them! They were all sooooo beautiful!

After that we went to the Max Ernst exhibit. I could appreciate the cool art, but it wasnt really my my favorite style. My favorite on ther ewas probably one called here the cardinals are dying:
The cardinals are dying - Max Ernst 


More pictures will be coming soon! 

2 comments:

  1. Love going out and seeing art and love that you are too. What is the Albertina? Would you explain? xo A

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like you were so excited to see Albertina. I love that first painting with all the blue in the villa? I cannot wait to see these pictures all in person when you get back to Winston Salem and I come to visit.

    ReplyDelete