Sunday, February 3, 2013

Fleish und Wein! Only chocolate could be better!

Have you ever heard of a heuriger?  If not I can sum it up in about 3 words: meat and wine(fleish und wein).  There are tons of places called heurigers around Vienna.   They are restuarants that have a lot of meat and make their own wine.  When they run out of wine they close down until they can make more.  We have gone to a certain heuriger called "Fuhrgassl Huber" three times so far, and we are making it a Sunday night tradition!  Tonight was Sunday night!  So we got on the 35a bus and rode to Fuhrgassl Huber!  3 students and one of their boyfriends came with us!  We ate delicious meat and laughed. My mom ate delicious salads-potato, carrot, cucumber, asparagus-.  We had a great time!  Sadly, you won't see Doop in the pictures because he is very picky about meat so he didn't come. He only eats big things, like cow, buffalo, or horse.  Although we all love this heuriger, we decided (with lots of protests from my dad) to try a new heuriger every Sunday! I can't wait until then!  Next time I'll convince Doop to come!

3 comments:

  1. Now Maya, I know you are covering for Doop, I think I see his feet from under the table. He drank himself under the table on wine, didn't he? Good you out-voted Dad but let him take me to his favorite when we are there. Flesh and wine, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out the vineyards in the background in the last couple of photos.
    I can't wait to see outside in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flesh and wine...sounds like you are halfway to transubstantiation. Or just subsistence. Have some flesh and wine for me, M-Cat!

    ReplyDelete