Thursday, January 31, 2013

On a beautiful, sunny Wednesday

 On a beautiful, sunny Wednesday Rachel, my mom, and I were out on a walk to the Kunst Historisches (Art History) Museum!  When we arrived we found a statue of a man and decided to sit down and draw it as our art lesson.  I posted a picture that my mom took of the guy.  The picture was taken at a different angle, with different lighting than I saw so it looks a little different than my drawing.  I drew it all in pencil which was really fun. I posted a picture of my drawing!  I hope you like it!  The Museum was really amazing but we didn't get to look around much because of our tight schedule.  I can't wait to go back to the museum!
 
 
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. I really like your drawing, you capture the essence. I also like that you are working on drawing real things. Someday you will draw from your imagination, but by drawing real things you are practicing getting what you see onto the media and honing your skill. Please keep posting your work, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I think your drawing is amazingly accurate Maya.You capture so well how muscular those statues are! You are lucky to have so much time in Vienna so you can go into a museum and look, really look, at one thing. We usually feel like we have to see everything and then we don't end up really uncovering the personality of a piece. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Do I see you outside the museum without your purple coat? Are you in your shirt sleeves? What happened to the snow that was dwarfing you in pictures a week ago?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,Maya. I am tempted to accuse you of just saying you drew that. Do you notice a difference in your ability....something added. Would you credit the leisure, the inspiration, a new focus? Really awesome to see your giftedness develop. Glad too for your sunny day. Let it into your bones. Soak it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have really learned to capture this statue exactly. You are really doing a great job at your skill. Keep it up. Oh and where is Doop?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maya you are having an amazing time, learning so much and I love your sketch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic work, Maya. The joy of being in a place like Vienna is that you get to return again and again to that museum if you want and really really see everything. You are inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete