Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy Birthday in Turkey!

March 15th was my father’s birthday as most of you probably know!
Here is how we celebrated:

The day before his birthday I had my haircut and afterwards my dad took me out to a cafe and we liked it. So the next morning my dad decided to go there for his birthday breakfast.  The food was okay, but my mom took notice that it had a "proper" wall of bourbon with "all the right brands". I liked it most because when you went to the bathroom you were in a vault, because the cafe used to be a bank! Also they had delicious hot chocolate that was real chocolate just melted in a cup! We all enjoyed it!

We then went to the Ephesus museum which was awesome!!! Ephesus was a place in Turkey but it is in ruins now. The Ephesus museum was full of statues from Ephesus! We had forgotten the camera sadly, but I found some pictures online and posted them! One of my favorites was a statue of Artemis, the Greek goddess of the hunt. She should be the first picture. I also thought a few statues were interesting because it said that they were found shattered in many different pieces, and they took the time to piece them all back together!
 My mom liked a poster she saw of a statue that was found in Ephesus of the Greek goddess Nike, and the statue is in the Louvre! We will be going to Paris and going to the Louvre! We are all excited and my mom really wants to see the Nike statue!

 For dinner we went to my new favorite Viennese (but the food is actually Italian) restaurant: Pizzeria Mar! As always, we got a cheap and delicious meal!

When we arrived home I went to see what the students were up to, and found them making a chocolate beer cake! We managed to keep my dad out for long enough to finish it, then ice it, and finally put a candle and 2 plastic Smurfs on it!! When we brought it down he was surprised, and really happy! The students made a delicious cake that we stuffed ourselves on!

3 comments:

  1. (well i commented on the other 2blogs, may as well...) Of all the places youve been so far, Ephesus holds the greatest interest for me. I have an ancient letter written to the 1st church there. Its theme is that God has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,according to the riches of His grace. Isnt that good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never studied anything on Turkey I think so I will have to look it up and read so I know what you saw. The hot chocolate sounded delicious. Did they add milk or cream? I am so glad your dad got to have a nice birthday. I will also look on my map and see how far Turkey is from you. I imagine not very far.
    I am so happy you are having such a wonderful and fun experience. Can't wait to hear and see pictures of Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maya that all sounds so exciting and it makes me happy that you get so much pleasure out of all these new experiences. Love you and Gabe Heaps

    ReplyDelete