Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sketchtastic!

Some people have been telling me that they want to see more of my art on my blog so this blog has all of my sketches on it and I will add on as I draw more! Here they are, Enjoy!!!

 The captions are at the bottom of each picture and they refer to the pictures above.

above is the torso of Doryphoros statue. It was the first statue I drew!
here my sketch of a statue depicting the back of a centaur, at the bottom of the page there is the horse body.
This was a statue of a 4 headed woman, these are 2 of her heads!
this is the body of the 4 headed woman.
This is a discus thrower!
This was one of the statues that had good light to draw, so we drew it!!!
this was another statue with good light for us to draw!
Rachel wanted me to do some statues for homework, so I looked up statues and found his guy. The problem was that after I drew him, I found out he was a mannikin! Also I noticed that when I was drawing these off the internet, they looked a lot smoother and less three dimensional.
This was the other statue I drew for homework, and this time it was not a mannikin :)
one day we decided to stay home for art class, and draw one of the students. this is a quick sketch of Kimberley with her hair up.
this was another sketch of Kimberley, but i spent longer on it. i don think it looks very much like her but Rachel and Kimberley both thought it was good.
after sketching Kimberley, we both drew our self in the mirrors. It probably doesn't look a lot like me but it was fun to do!
the most recent thing we have done was draw paintings! This was hard because you couldn't actually walk around it like a statue. This was a sketch of a painting that depicts a woman laying down.
this was another painting of a woman who was in a big painting with lots of other people, but we decided to draw her because she was the best lit!
                                         this painting had three people to choose from so we chose her!                                          
 

  I think it was easier to draw statues because unlike paintings they were actually three dimensional, and unlike people statues cant move, but I really had lots of fun doing all of these sketches and I want to keep exploring all of the art! 
So, yesterday I had art lessons at home so we did self portraits. This is what I did: 


this is a sketch of Rachel, although it doesn't look like her.
This is an unfinished self portrait!
this is another of Rachel that I did, but it isn't as good as the first!
Another of Rachel!!!
these are contour sketches. that means that you cannot pick up your pencil,and you cannot look at your paper! it is an exercise to get your hand to loosen up!
this was an exercise we did where you focused in on one part of your face. I chose my right side of my forehead and my eye.
in this one I chose to do my jaw.  On the right side you can see the tip of my mouth.
This is the last sketch we did, and it is my favorite. We drew our feet!!!
 
 Well, that was from yesterday's art lesson and we do them every Wednesday, so keep checking this post!!!

We are going to Rome today!!! And my homework is to sketch anything! Then we go to Venice and I will sketch there too!!! Bye!



Hey! new pics....
I'll put in descriptions soon, but for now, enjoy!
this i drew in Venice. it was a statue in the Peggy Guggenheim collection!
this is drawing on drew on a train. It is supposed to be my dad!
A statue in the Vatican museum
Another attempt of drawing my dad. I think the first was better!
this is a picture that my dad drew of me!
the lamp in our living room
statue in the Vatican museum
Gabe reading on his kindle. my mom thinks it looks like an older version of Gabe!
A statue from the Peggy Guggenheim collection.
Another Guggenheim statue!
this guy was in the Vatican museum. he was painted on the ceiling, a long with some other Greek (or maybe roman) gods. we think he is Zeus (or if roman, Jupiter).

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What an experience you are having Maya- learning about the difference between drawing paintings and off the internet and real three dimensional statues. I love the way you captured the legs and torsos of the statues. They inspired me not to eat too much today. The centaur might be my favorite though. I had never thought about what the creature looked like from behind, as the human back brows into or out of horse behind and legs. You are going to have such a good time in Rome and Venice. Can't wait to see/hear everything from YOU. Love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. !Let me say again, you craft your photographs very well. Just imagine if you had captioned the woman reclining painting with the caption from your self image mirror sketch.......think about it:):):) I agree with Ms Beth....cant wait to see and read your impressions of Rome and Venice and Greece. Take your time to blog and craft captions. We will wait while your fun and joy increase and abound!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA!!! MORE DRAWINGS PLEASE!!!!!
    WE LOVE THEM.
    Nining wants to say how proud she is of you, and she wishes she could draw like that (you will have to teach her next month)...
    love you
    G Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maya,You are so amazing with your drawings!! I personally like the second picture of Kimberly and of you. It may not look a lot like you but it is still a great picture. You capture the statues beautifully and you still did an amazing job on the mannequin and the internet pictures even if you could not walk around them.
    Keep up your amazing talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the drawings, Maya. I am hoping you will continue while in Venice so that you can draw some familiar places for me. Gondolas make great subjects! So does San Marco! Salute! I am thinking you should start a little business on the side selling your work. You will have to tell us if the weird artist still sells paintings by the front door at Casa Artom. You will know who I mean if you see him.

    ReplyDelete