Monday, January 14, 2013

Belvedere and barber

          The other day we went to the Belvedere, a big palace where Gustav Klimt has tons of his art on display.  We saw a famous piece of art called "the kiss".  All of it was amazing!  Sadly we werent allowed to take pictures inside but I posted some pictures taken outside.  We bought year passes (even though we won't be here for a year) so I know we'll go back a lot!  I can't wait to return to the amazing Belvedere palace and explore more of Gustav Klimt's artwork!
           That other night we went to the wierdest opera.  It was my mom, 2 students and I.  We saw The Barber of Seville.  It is an opera in italian but they sung it all in german instead!  At the ending of the first act, some army came and raided their house for no reason.  Then right before the second act, the director came out and announced that the count (one of the three main charectors) was sick and had to go home.  His understudy looked younger, and he didn't have as good as a voice, but they looked a lot alike.  It was the first time either of the students had seen an opera and they really liked it.  I thought it was great too!  Figaro had a wonderful voice and so did Rosina.
<

6 comments:

  1. What an amazing day you had! Glad to hear your intake on the opera,I myself have never been to one. But I like theater a lot.
    You look so beautiful in your pictures!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these posts, M-cat! Glad you did opera in Wien! The thing to do! (after eating a lot of pastry and chocolate of course).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun place to hang out in the cold weather :-)
    You can't take pictures but I bet they let you draw in there, so bring your sketch pad next time. We want more art! :-)))
    Love you all. Make Gabe guest-host a Whit-Kit blog one of these days. I want to hear from him too. But this is a really cool project Maya, something to help you remember your experience in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to hear from gabe he just started his own blog

      Go to GWhitWhitty@blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. was it weird to hear it in german

    -zoe

    ReplyDelete