Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Outside to Play on an Epic Snow Day!

               The air outside is crisp and cold as flaky flecks of snow flick themselves onto the ground.  We drink warm cups of tea and wish we had a fire going.  Snow starts catching on the ground and Gabe and I just cannot wait any longer!  We rush to get warm clothes on and we race out the door! We decide to build forts out of giant snow balls,almost as big as me!!!  First I make a delicious cup of snow-cream.  If you want to make some snow-cream,here are the ingredients:
                a cup
                a spoon
                snow
                milk (for a better taste use cream)
                vanilla
                honey (optional)
              
                How to make it:
                Put snow in cup.  Add milk.  Stir together with spoon.  Add vanilla and honey.  Stir together with spoon until the mix is creamy,like a milkshake.  Drink,or eat with spoon.

                After i ate my delicious snow-cream,we went to work on our forts.  As we were working the students came out to go on a walk and we pelted them with snow balls. 
               Soon my dad came to walk us to the park.we played on the play-scape then went walking around Turkenschanz park,looking for hills to plop our sleds down in the snow and take off!!!  We found a couple and assumed they were the best in the park.  Then we came upon an outstanding hill. we realized it was abut the time that school got out so lots of kids started to come sled.  We think it must be "the hill" where everyone sleds.  We came home and ate some snacks the settled down for a cup of cocoa.  Today was the first snow day in Vienna and I cant yet imagine a better one,nor can I wait for one to come!

                                                           
              

7 comments:

  1. Maya you make me smile so much - I love reading your very interesting blogs. Love you Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maya, Does the snow taste different in Vienna than in Winston Salem? We are having very mild weather right now -- it is supposed to get into the 60s! Are you thinking these days in Celisus instead of Ferenheight? (I know I am spelling htose words wrong. Thomas Jefferson said he had no respect for a man who could only spell a word one way.) Epic post! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm...snow cream! What a good idea! Wish we were having snow here. Love reading about all your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy..Gonna try that on our next snow day. I think your Gramma Mitzi use to make us something similar when we were kids.
    I am so loving your blog Maya. It is such an amazing thing for all of us to be so connected so far apart.
    Can't wait till your next post.. You are such a wonderful writer.
    Love you all. Hey save me some of that Vienna chocolate!! Love Aunt PJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. hay maya it is me zoe i miss you so much and i am counting the days until you get back hope you are having fun and for snow cream yeu can ad chocolate syrup shugur and vanilla have lots of fun!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing that picture. You brought the right coat...even if you don't have a good place to put it. I love you writing: the flecks, flakes,flick...it sounds so natural and really gives me a feeling for what the cold looks and feels like. Keep writing. I love you. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sledding and pelting - what a great day. Do NOT use yellow snow, OK? Keep up the blog - it is EPIC!!!!

    ReplyDelete